The Darkest Pleasure - Gena Showalter

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

To be honest, The Darkest Pleasure is the one book in Showalter’s Lord of the Underworld series that I wasn’t ecstatic to read. Not because I don’t like Reyes and Danika, but because I think the whole situation View Spoiler » just sucks and I feel really bad for them. It’s not their fault Cronus is a murderous bastard and uses the demons as henchmen to do what he can’t do for himself. I really like Danika and Reyes as a couple, but I hated to watch what they are come between them. Yes, I realize this pretty much happens to all the Lords of the Underworld couples, but y’all have to agree that Reyes and Danika really got the short end of the stick, right?

Still, I really enjoyed the book and was happy to finally pull on my big girl panties and give the book a chance! I cried, laughed, raged, and swooned with the characters of The Darkest Pleasure and would highly recommend readers of the series to pick this book up if they haven’t had a chance! It was nice to finally read Danika and Reyes’ book.