Evermore - Alyson Noel

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

It seems like to me, the bigger the bandwagon, the slower I am to jump on it. That was totally the case for me and Evermore. This series was huge when I was in high school, but I was already over the vampire craze and never picked it up until recently. To be honest, I felt like this book could have been so much more. I didn't hate the writing at all, it was pretty good actually. My decision to DNF came down to an *intense* dislike for Damon and the utterly ridiculous lives the main characters live.

Yes, I do understand that I picked up a vampire romance novel. Yes, I get how it might sound silly to want a believable plot line, but is it really? In a recent review, I complained that one of the issues I had for that particular book (Fiend) was that the writing was so out of the box I couldn't connect. It seems like I had a similar issues with the plot for Evermore, but in a different context. When I found myself seriously wondering if I could burst a vein by excessive eye-rolling, I just had to stop reading.