This is Not a Test - Courtney Summers
Dear Zombie Obsessed Friends,

The first time I heard about this book, I was reading a review of the sequel on Caffeinated Book Reviewer’s blog. I was so eager to read the first book, I quickly placed it on hold at the library and raced to pick it up as soon as I was able. The premise isn’t something that’s new in this age of zombie apocalypse pop fiction, but it's told from a prospective I’ve never read before: surviving the apocalypse through the eyes of a suicidal survivor. I really enjoyed reading This is Not a Test even though it may or may not have given me nightmares. *cough*

Three reasons to pick up a copy of This is Not a Test:

• Plot twists take a deadly turn in this book. There aren’t a lot of surprising twists in the book, but when they happen wham! I’m completely blown away.

• I know I mention this too much, but I have to say I really enjoy books like this that aren’t afraid to use the “z” word. It’s something I search for when I read or watch zombie books.

• The characters are realistic portrayals of teenagers trapped in a school with no way out. Sometimes when I read post-apocalyptic fiction I shake my head and think “you don’t stop being human just because the world ends.” Doesn’t mean cold water isn’t cold water or teenagers are suddenly less horny little twerps. They might not be happy-go-lucky and have a lot of painful decisions to make, but let’s be honest, when are we ever people don’t suddenly change their colors just because the world ends. I would argue people show their true selves when they are put in-between a rock and a hard place.

This book was so good, I forgot to take notes half the time. When a notes obsessed book reviewer forgets to note take, you can bet the book is worth checking out! This is Not a Test was a spine tingling good read. If you haven’t read it, you are missing out! I recommend this book for fans of science fiction or horror. There was a bit of romance, but it wasn’t all that big a part of the book. I cannot wait to get my hands on book two!

Your friend the zombie fanatic,

☠One Curvy Blogger