Only with You - Lauren Layne
4.5 stars!

This review first appeared on One Curvy Blogger Book Reviews.

Only With You was one of those quick pick-me-up novels that NetGalley sometimes puts on "Read Now" for 48 hours. I found the premise exciting, so I quickly snapped it up. I admit I wasn't too impressed with the first couple of chapters. It honestly sounded like one of those silly fluffy reads that I'm not too fond of, but thankfully I decided to persevere and found myself completely in love.

Sophie is not the flighty airhead that she came across as in the first few chapters, and Gray is not the stuck-up stiff that he lets on. One of the things that I enjoyed about this book is that the characters are more complex that they seem. Meaning, what you see is not always what you get. Only With You forced me to use context clues to figure out what is going on beneath the surface.

There were passages here and there that weren't the most exciting, but I really enjoyed this novel. The love scenes were hot, the characters adorable, and there are some hilarious moments in this book. I'm also excited to have found a new author to stalk! From what I've read, this is the author's first published novel. I'm quite impressed by how her debut novel turned out. Fans of chick-lit and contemporary romance should give this book a try, you might find you liked it just as much as I did!

❤ - I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

❤❤ - Check out One Curvy Blogger for reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more!

❤❤❤ - Now accepting review requests, author interviews, and guest blogs.