How to Run with a Naked Werewolf - Molly Harper

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

I’m the kind of book reviewer that has to write notes as she reads otherwise I completely forget everything I that I want to talk about. I was so mesmerized by How to Run with a Naked Werewolf I wrote about five notes. Whoops. Consequentially, this is probably going to be a short review.

How to Run with a Naked Werewolf is the third and (sadly) final book in the Naked Werewolf series by Molly Harper. I read the first two books years ago and never picked up book three until I won a paperback copy from Talk Supe a couple of months ago! (thanks ladies!)

“With me, at least you know what you’re getting into.”

“Yeah, I’m getting a condensing he-man who sniffs me.”

And attempts to bite me while sleep-snuggling.

I love the way Harper writes her paranormal romances with a lot of humor and the perfect amount of heat. Her characters are always lovable and fascinating and How to Run with a Naked Werewolf was no exception. While the book wasn’t unpredictable, it was an odd combination of funny, heartbreaking, and sexy.

Anna Moder is on the run from a dangerous past and runs into a wounded Caleb Graham one night while she was heading to her hotel room after her shift working as a cashier in a dinky grocery store. She reluctantly hitches a ride with him to Anchorage as thank you for nursing him back to health.

“Hey, I’m going to get into bed now. I’d like to point out that assaulting someone who’s provided you with medical treatment is tacky.” He snored on, a deep, rumbling sound spiraling out from his chest. “OK, I’ll take that as a tacit promise to be a gentleman.”

I enjoyed Anna as a main character. She’s a delightful combination of strong-willed and fragile. I love that even though she is skittish she doesn’t let anyone walk all over her, especially a stubborn Alpha male werewolf like Caleb Graham. It was also too funny watching Caleb try to keep his werewolf side secret from Anna, even though she is already clued in on his furry side.

“It belonged to some biker’s old lady. Len said she was pretty short, so I figured it would fit you.” When I glared at him, he seemed confused and exclaimed, “You’re not tall. This can’t be news to you!”

The defensive tone, so different from the voice I’d heard before, martyred and resentful, made me giggle.

Caleb is both manly man Alpha werewolf and unintentionally goofy. He’s a bounty hunter who sometimes works for not-so-legal employers, but he’s a good guy that is protective of Anna. Sometimes he does things that makes me want to smack him, but he doesn’t do it intentionally. He’s just a clueless male that is really hard to stay mad at. Seriously, ask Anna. Basically, he’s downright adorable! Harper creates the best heroes. ♥

Caleb and Anna make a cute couple and I sort of hope they appear in more of Harper’s other books one of these days. :) Though I’ve read the first two books in her Naked Werewolf series, I been hesitant to pick up any of her vampire books, but I definitely will be now! I loved How to Run with a Naked Werewolf and it has me more in the mood for some paranormal romance this fall! I recommend this book to all paranormal romance junkies that love a furry main character!