Divergent - Veronica Roth
This is BY FAR the best book I've read this year (even though it just started!). People continue to compare this book to the hunger games; I can proudly say this book is one million times better than the hunger games trilogy.

1 - I became so much more involved with this story. The plot might be just as complex (maybe even more so) as the Hunger Games, but I never felt lost or confused. Hell, I feel as if I were right there with Tris as she survives becoming a newbie Dauntless, all the while worrying about the evil plot the Erudite faction is brewing against the Abnegation faction (of with her family is apart of).

2 - There were no boring lags that felt as if the author was trying to cram as much info into a paragraph as physically possible. I was hooked from the very first chapter.

3 - The author is just an all around better writer, in my opinion. Sure, I enjoyed the Hunger Games, but I was just not as invested in the characters as I am in Tris and Tobias.

So glad I bought the first three books in one big collection. More from the series to come!