Immortal Eclipse - Sherry Soule

Many thanks to Night Owl Reviews for providing a copy to read and review.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Skylar's life is in shambles. She's just lost her job (on her birthday for god's sake), her last living relative is dead, and she's single with no prospective boyfriends to speak of. She feels guilty for not visiting her kooky, yet lovable uncle before he passed, so she decides to pack up her awesome designer shoe collection and move across the country to her knew home, a dusty old mansion named Summerwind and play detective. She'd always been suspicious about her uncle's death.

She realizes right away the people and history of Summerwind were not as they appear. From the moment she first arrives she hears creepy chanting late at night. There are ghostly sightings of a dead girl that looks surprisingly like her, and the Summerwind staff is dropping dead one by one.

This book surprised me. I started the story expecting a light, whimsical story about a fashionista seeing ghosts and meeting a hot guy and living happily ever after. Yeah, this book was the exact opposite. I never expected it to be so dark or addictive. I was genuinely surprised by how much I wanted, no needed to know who was causing all the "suicides" and spooking all Summerwind's residents.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Immortal Eclipse had so many pivotal characters, it's hard to do a character analysis like I usually do. Skylar and Dorian are obviously the main characters, but then there's Victor, Dorian's creepy cousin. Isabella, the dead girl that looks suspiciously like Skylar. Emma, who seems like the only character that doesn't have some kind of agenda, but she it's noticeable that she has her own secrets. Mrs. Pratt, the housekeeper that makes me want to punch her in the face.

Usually in a book it's easy to determine protagonist from antagonist. In Immortal Eclipse, not so much. There is so much murky gray, even Skylar looks suspicious in some areas. Everyone has an agenda, but who's the good guy and who's the bad?

This book makes the reader think. I've never read such a unique mixture of witchcraft, murder, and heated romance. There were quite a few surprises that made my eyes bulge in surprise, and I loved every bit of it. If you love a jaw-dropping ending that will leave you awed, pick up a copy of Immortal Eclipse.