Twice Shy - Jill  Christie, Jill C. Flanagan
2.5 Stars

I didn’t like this story, but at least I didn’t hate it. When I found Twice Shy on NetGalley, it called to me. I was in a BDSM romance mood, but it took a little longer to get it approved then I though it would (okay – honestly, I thought it was under the “Read Now” section.), and by the time it showed up on my shelf, I just wasn’t as interested. So it sat for a week, and then I decided, you know what? I need a change of pace. I need to read a BDSM book that is spectacular, because even though my DNF’s won’t prove it, I love this genre. Once, I realized that the dominate role was a woman, it felt like fate! I have had a hard on fascination with Dommes ever since I fell head over heels for Mistress Nora. So to admit this story just didn’t do it for me was a real disappointment. I felt as if the author rushed the ending, and I hate how most of what drew me to the plot was resolved off-scene. I know this is a short story, but I’ve read much better.

I didn’t connect much with the main characters, either. In fact, as the story moved on, I kind of wished this story was about West and Tim, not Stacy and Brendan. The only plus was the surprise twist revolving her true origins of birth that had me intrigued enough finish the story. View Spoiler » Unfortunately, even the ending felt off.

I don’t know that I will pick up the next book in the series, unless it calls to me so much that I dream about it. Even then, I’d have to do a lot of beating convincing myself to spend money on a sequel, when the first book didn’t do a heck of a lot for me.

I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

◦Follow more of my reviews at ONE CURVY BLOGGER

◦Romance and erotica authors can apply to have their book reviewed on One Curvy Blogger. Click HERE